With its notes of toasted cinnamon and warm vanilla sponge cake, sun-kissed lemon zest and fresh pineapple (as well as our signature heather honey and aromatic peat smoke of course) 15 Year Old Viking Heart is the perfect accompaniment to light fish dishes and seductively sweet desserts too.
Enjoy this fabulous recipe that we think really amplifies this whisky’s key flavours…
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BUTTER
12 large scallops
Oil for cooking
1 lemon - juiced
Micro herbs for serving
1. Place the scallops on kitchen paper for 10 minutes to remove the excess moisture.
2. In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add some oil and once it’s hot, add the scallops and allow them to sear. Try not to move them around too much.
3. After three minutes, gently turn the scallops and add the butter to the pan. Continue to cook for another two minutes, basting the scallops with the butter.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the juice of a lemon. Serve the scallops in the shell and top with the hot lemon butter and micro herbs.
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD WITH ORANGE AND HONEY DRESSING
3 bulbs of fennel finely sliced (keep the fronds)
3 oranges peeled and sliced
200g mange tout, sliced
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of orange juice
1 tablespoon of red or white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of honey
Salt and pepper
1. Whisk the oil, orange juice, vinegar, honey and seasoning together and set aside.
2. Place the sliced fennel and half the orange slices into a large bowl and drizzle over the dressing. Mix well and transfer onto a serving platter.
3. Place the remaining orange slices on top and scatter over the fennel fronds.
With thanks to Food Stylist and Chef, Clair Irwin www.clairirwinphotography.com