Happy April Fools’ Day
Did we get you? We hope our April Fools’ prank on social media about our Spiced Dark Chocolate bottle with hints of zesty citrus left you with a smile. However, we must say, Highland Park whisky and chocolate are a great combination. Here are some delicious recipes to prove just that.
Whisky-Infused Chocolate and Berry Mousse.
The perfect dessert with a Highland Park twist.
100g good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids is ideal)
225ml whipping cream
70g marshmallows (either mini ones or cut up larger ones with scissors)
150g sweet seasonal berries (we used raspberries)
2tbsp Highland Park 18 Year Old
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil and set a heatproof bowl over it – make sure the water doesn’t actually touch the bowl – and break up about 80g of the chocolate into the bowl to melt, reserving about 20g for decorating your mousse before serving.
2. As the chocolate starts to melt, add 100ml of cream and stir it in, then add the marshmallows and continue to stir gently until everything has melted and combined. Now remove from the heat, stir in the whisky and leave to cool for about 10 minutes, stirring every so often to keep the mixture nicely combined.
3. While the chocolate mixture is cooling, whip the rest of the cream until it’s at the soft peak stage and then fold it in, gently, until combined.
4. Spoon the mousse into glasses and pop into the fridge. It’ll be ready to serve in an hour but can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance.
5. To serve, sprinkle your berries on top and shave the remaining chocolate over them.
For even more whisky and chocolate inspired pairings try our recipes below :
Whisky-Infused Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding. A delicious twist to a classic comfort dessert.
Luxury Hot Chocolate. Relax and indulge with a hot drink.
Have you tried a Highland Park whisky paired with chocolate? We’d love to hear what you think! Tag us in your creations on Instagram.