Keeping our tribe safe is of utmost importance to us, so here are the procedures and protocols we’ve put in place to ensure that our response to COVID-19 is up to date and puts our visitors’ safety first.
Covid-19 Procedures and Protocols for Highland Park Distillery Visitor Centre
Limits on households
- In line with current Scottish Government guidelines, we can only welcome five people (from a maximum of two households) on each tour – indoors or outdoors – accompanied by a tour guide.
- Visitors must wear face coverings in all areas of the distillery site except during the tasting in the Eunson Room.
- All visitors (unless they’re from the same household or a carer) must remain two metres apart from any other group, and the tour guide, while on a tour of the distillery.
- A one-way system is now in operation in the Visitor Centre and this must be followed at all times.
Use of hand sanitisers
- We’ve placed hand sanitiser units at the entrance and exit to the Visitor Centre, as well as in the AV Room and at various points around the tour route. These must be used by all visitors on entry and exit of each area.
Use of toilet facilities
- Individual customer toilets are available in the Visitor Centre with clear signage to indicate the number of people allowed in this area at any one time.
- We’ve placed hand sanitiser units on entry and exit to the toilets and these must be used by all visitors.
Provision of signage
- We’ve placed signage at various points on the tour route to remind our visitors to use hand sanitisers, wear face coverings, respect social distancing with other visitors and staff, and follow the one-way system.
Communication of information
- We’ll meet all our visitors at the Highland Park gates where a safety briefing to explain our COVID-19 procedures and protocols will be given. This will ensure we have everyone’s understanding and compliance before and while on a tour.
Non-Compliance with procedures and protocols
- If any of our visitors fail to comply with any of the procedures and protocols we have in place, we’ll politely remind them of these and, regretfully, may ask anyone who is not willing to comply to leave the Visitor Centre and distillery site.
- We now only accept card payment at the distillery for pre-booked tours and purchases. We accept all major credit cards except American Express.
To find out more about the tours we have available, please check our visits page and read our frequently asked questions for visitors.