In April’s newsletter, Brand Ambassador Sergio Paolo shared his delicious recipe for Penne Al Whisky, inspired by his native Italy. This month, he’s turning his attention to sweeter things with a classic Panna Cotta that’s infused with notes of honey and orange zest and a generous measure of 12 Year Old VIKING HONOUR . It’s the perfect summer pudding!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
500ml Double cream
100ml Full-fat milk
40ml 12 Year Old VIKING HONOUR
3 tbsp Honey
8 g Gelatin
5-10 g Orange zest (avoid the white pith if you can)
1. Prepare the gelatin according to the pack instructions.
2. Gently warm the cream, milk, whisky, honey and orange zest in a saucepan over a low heat and, once warmed through and combined, add the gelatin.
3. Stir gently and continuously until the liquid is very close to the boil and then remove from the heat.
4. Fill four ramekins and let them cool down naturally for an hour or so before putting in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours and up to a maximum of 4 hours.
5. Before serving, you’ll find it helpful to put the ramekins in a baking dish (or similar) filled with hot water that nearly comes up to the neck of the ramekins. Let them sit for a few minutes and you should find it easier to remove the Panna Cotta although you may have to use a small knife to loosen the edges before you invert the individual puddings onto a serving plate.
Sergio likes to garnish this with fresh fruit and a coulis but his tip is not to overpower the flavours of orange, honey and whisky – remember that these are the stars of the dish!